June 19, 2013

Whole Wheat Honey Sweetened Chocolate Chip Cookies

 I was really wanting to make some cookies, but all my recipes take sugar. (I'm completely out of sugar and am not eager to stock up again.) Sometimes I straight out substitute the sugar for honey, but it doesn't always turn out so perfectly. So I searched on the internet for some honey sweetened cookies and found these. They turned out amazing! You can find the original recipe here.


I made it  with several changes so this is how I made it.

1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon milk
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
freshly ground nutmeg
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips
2-4 tablespoons grains (millet, kasha toasted buckwheat, sunflower seeds, flax seeds)

Mix it all together and spoon onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350' F for about 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I just got through making these cookies. They are really, really good and turned out perfect. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete